Folklore of the Mind: Death Note >

Content Description

Folklore of the Mind is just a name I chose, basically because I want people to use creative stories from their own minds. This isn't entirely dedicated to folklore as the name suggests, there will be all kinds of post's on my blog including folklore, urban legends, horror stories both short and long, myth's, creepy poems, flash fiction and creepypasta's.

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Death Note

My name is Carl Novell, and this is my death note. I am writing this as the light is getting less and less with every block that goes up, sentenced to death for falling in love with someone who I shouldn't have. I don't know if anyone will ever read this but I write in hope that one day someone does. This is the story of how I got here;

I entered the the town of Fernsworth looking for work, I lived on the road picking up jobs as I went along for some time now so I wanted to make a life for myself ; something stable, and I heard that this place was very welcoming to outsiders. On arrival I found the place very odd, but in a good way, people dressed differently and spoke eloquently as if they were always addressing someone of a higher importance. People like me always got strange looks, must be the long blonde hair or the scar across my left cheek so the diverse nature of this town suited me well. 

I walked into a nearby restaurant looking for just a bite to eat and a hot drink of some sort but ended up leaving with a job. The owner took a shine to me and offered me the job of cleaning the dishes in the back ; not a great job but it was something. His daughter worked as a waitress and this was the girl I fell for. Her name was Veronica, she had short dark hair which I liked, it set her apart from everyone else and I admired that she wasn't scared to stand out, but it was her smile that really made me fall for her, it made me feel alive which is ironic given what is happening now to me.

I eventually worked up the courage to ask her out and she accepted this offer. After a few times of me spending my nights nervously trying to impress her things started to get serious with us and we ended up in a relationship.  Her father didn't know about this , nor did I want him to know, but as with all secrets they eventually come out and when this did unravel he was not happy. He had plans for his daughter to marry a very well known business man who made a deal with Veronica's father - His daughter was to marry the wealthy business man in exchange for his money to keep the restaurant open.

She tried to object but her father insisted that it was the right thing to do. Every night we would sneak off together but the passion we shared before was replaced by her constant sobbing at the thought of being with a guy who was old enough to be her father purely out of money reasons. One night sitting on a hill overlooking the town was the last time I had seen her, the next morning she was found in the lake at the back of the restaurant dead. She couldn't take it anymore but I still don't know why she didn't mention anything to me, I have so many questions but will never get any answers.

Her father blamed me for her death and that I drove her to do it by confusing her mind. This hurt a lot, so I decided that I was gonna leave this town for good. This morning while packing, three men with guns burst into my room, beating me while calling Veronica awful names, I was then knocked out. I woke to find myself in the situation I am in now, trapped as the three men built blocks around me. I can only assume these men were sent by Veronica's father or the business man she was meant to marry as a way of punishing me for her death and besides I am known to them as an "Outsider" so who will notice my disappearance.

So this is why I decided to write this note, as a way for someone to know the truth to what happened to me and Veronica, and also to what goes on in this town. The blocks are now up to my neck and light is running out, I wont last much longer when it turns completely dark. I'm afraid , I will be left alone with my thoughts and the process will be slow and painful but at least the truth is out there. I am gonna put my pen down , close my eyes and sing my favorite song, goodbye....

Carl Novell

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flaming Ship

Prince Edward Island or P.E.I as it's known to the residents, is an eastern maritime province of Canada that lies off New Brunswick and ...