Folklore of the Mind: Babysitter Wanted >

Content Description

Folklore of the Mind is just a name I chose, basically because I want people to use creative stories from their own minds. This isn't entirely dedicated to folklore as the name suggests, there will be all kinds of post's on my blog including folklore, urban legends, horror stories both short and long, myth's, creepy poems, flash fiction and creepypasta's.

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Babysitter Wanted

I needed a job and pronto, my mom was too busy with her new macho meathead boyfriend and my dad left us when I was six to go travelling but he must of reached a country for the last ten years that doesn't allow contact with your family, oh well. I wanted to make something of my life and with high school ending next year I want to save up enough money to put myself through college, Harvard University to study architecture was what I wanted to do since it has the best graduate program in this field in the continent, no wait country. I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything or anyone that would give me a chance until one day after basketball practice I checked the clip board outside the locker room and there was a small folded A4 sized page saying " Babysitter wanted urgently for family in a quiet residential area - phone this number if interested, experience preferable but friendly attitude towards kids is essential"

When I got home I ran up to my room and dialed the number immediately but no answer it just rang out :( I tried again but again nothing...... I left a voicemail saying who I am and why I rang. The next morning I did what I normally done when I woke and checked snapchat, I could see that I had five messages on my phone and as I checked if there was any envious snapchats I couldn't stop my mind from thinking if the messages were from the guy about the babysitting job. Opening my messages I seen that they were from the babysitting job guy, I was super excited as the messages read :
"Hey Stephanie sorry was busy"
"Kids yano"
"Are you free tonight?"
"I will swing by your school after practice and collect you"
"Sorry so busy lately, i'll be in the silver minivan at the school front, thanks Gus"


I was stuck between being happy and a little hesitant about it I mean how did he know I had basketball practice after school? After a few minutes of thinking about it I just decided to go for it, I need the money and who knows they might be rich and pay well:) once I get this job they might want me back more often.
Later that day after practice I had a quick shower and checked my bag just to make sure I had all that I needed for Gus, what a weird name right? Walking through the double doors at the front of the school I looked around for his silver minivan and there it was just next to the lonely kids playground. His hand waving out at me I walked steadily over and just made sure it was the right person, it was so I jumped in and off we went. 

The conversation was just the usual small talk until we pulled up at the driveway to his house, he stopped the car and asked "You are probably wondering how I knew you had practice or why I was so forward with my message reply?" Before I could reply he answered this question himself - " Well as for being so forward I was working on a big project that required my full attention and it was just around the corner from your school so I left my personal number (the one you rang me on) at home and just took a chance basically haha!!! As for me me knowing you had practice well that is quite simple actually, when you left your full name on the voicemail I asked my daughter did she know you and low and behold she did, Jessica Freeman is my daughter" I was sorta reassured by this although his daughter is a total nerd.

I was shown around the house and introduced to his wife who I adored, the kids also greeted me - two boys aged 4 and 6. I was told the orders for the night and everything else I needed was given to me on another folded over A4 page I mean was that how this family communicated with each other? Gus and his lovely wife said there goodbyes and left claiming they will be back by midnight, when they left I had a look around the house as all good babysitters do but it was nothing out of the ordinary. I put the kids to bed about an hour after I got there, that was them out of the way at least! I went out the back and made the call explaining the situation.

11.57 pm Gus and Mrs Gus arrived back home to a house in total darkness, they called out my name and rang me but I knew I had to remain silent. Their steps coming up the stairs made me feel alive as they got closer to me, they checked on the kids who were ok thats not my style. I could hear them breathing they were that close to me now, all I had to do was to pick the right moment and strike. Boom!!! Out I Jumped driving my favourite sharp object "Steffies Screwdriver" right into the back of Gus's neck which caused his lovely, positive attitude wife to gasp with shock, she froze on the spot. I thought to myself would I kill her? But no that isn't my style either, so I just walked right up to her and looked into her diluted eyes as she watched her husband die right in front of her.

1 week later I moved to a new town to start over in a new school, being a shapeshifter really has its benefits ;) I still have aspirations of going to Harvard but I am having way too much fun at the moment and I really hate men, the anger isn't gone yet. Walking down the freshly morning smelling hallways of the new school I seen a flyer pinned up on a notice board saying " Babysitter Wanted!"......


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flaming Ship

Prince Edward Island or P.E.I as it's known to the residents, is an eastern maritime province of Canada that lies off New Brunswick and ...