Folklore of the Mind: New Years EVE!!! >

Content Description

Folklore of the Mind is just a name I chose, basically because I want people to use creative stories from their own minds. This isn't entirely dedicated to folklore as the name suggests, there will be all kinds of post's on my blog including folklore, urban legends, horror stories both short and long, myth's, creepy poems, flash fiction and creepypasta's.

Sunday 31 December 2017

New Years EVE!!!

Every year a different one of us host a party to bring in the new year, its your usual gathering around the table for dinner followed by some cheesy game of charades along with a glass of bubbly or two. I personally find it very tedious with it being very structured, every year its the same I often wonder to myself "Do people actually look forward to this night every year?", but it seems they do and who am I to argue with that, its my year to host and host it I will but with a twist, i'm gonna make things interesting.

Nine o'clock came and off goes the door bell, in they come all dressed up and smelling like they spent the last hour bathing in a bath of cologne and perfume, especially the perfume. The one good thing about hosting is that you get brought gifts, most of them are useless that I will never use or try to exchange but you do get the few that are worthwhile. They all gathered around the table as I brought out plate by plate but they were covered over I didn't want to reveal the surprise just yet, well not at least until everyone was had their fill.

I stood up and gave a sarcastic speech about how much it means to me to have all my friends here and wishing we all have a great night, before telling them all to eat up. As each of them took off the tin cover to reveal what was underneath I could feel something inside me tingling with excitement, their reactions were priceless, the look of shock and horror on their faces makes it all worthwhile. The loud high pitched screams are like music to my ears, each plate filled with a nasty appetizer of which included - a plate of bugs, a human hand with the dirt of the nails left in for extra flavour, the head of a crow and my personal favorite pigs tongues topped with the eyes of their young.

They all tried to flee the room but the doors slammed shut, I asked them " Where you going, we didn't even break out the charades yet" which didn't go down well and was met by "What kind of a sick freak are you" and " Is this your idea of fun" I nodded to this question. Nobody was leaving until they cleaned their plate, I waved my hand which bound them all to their chairs and gave them each an ultimatum - "Eat up or I snap your necks one by one".

The first guy refused so as I promised I snapped his neck with one turn of my wrist, the rest sat there looking terrified but they reluctantly started digging in to their delightful meal. What a sight it is to watch seven professional adults cry over their dinner, the smell of perfume and cologne was soon replaced by sweat and in some cases urine. The clock was fast approaching midnight and I knew I didn't have much time left to toy with these sophisticated sheep of society, so after giving them a few minutes to digest I gave them a choice - "One of each couple has to die right now and seen as I already killed one guy then his wife gets a pass, its your lucky day honey".

Not surprisingly the three men volunteered but unbeknownst to them I liked to think of myself as a fan of this gender equality buzz that seems to be floating around here on Earth, so I was gonna kill another man and two females, I didn't tell them this as I wanted to see who would step forward, think of it as a social experiment. I gave them the chance to say goodbye before firstly snapping one mans neck, who lay next to his sobbing wife. Next I turned to the two remaining couples who sat there hugging each other, I wanted to make it quick so I snapped my fingers and killed both the women. The men sat there in shock before charging at me but as hard as they try they cannot hurt me.

11.58 pm I opened the doors and forced the remaining people to leave. My name is Eve I am the Demon of this day of the year, hence the name. People think New Years Eve is a day of celebrating, for its the last day of the year but the truth is it was once a day assigned to me by God who banished me after something went horribly wrong but this day stayed attached to me and now once a year the power of this day releases me from the horrible place I was put in and I take control of one innocent victim and torture their friends for the night.  Happy New Years All.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Flaming Ship

Prince Edward Island or P.E.I as it's known to the residents, is an eastern maritime province of Canada that lies off New Brunswick and ...